Sunday, May 29, 2011

Need some input on this one. Thanks.
In memory of SFC James Thode.


The shot rings out
it chills my soul and runs across my skin,
My body aches
my heart does break
as a friend returns to the earth.

Again they fire,
chills rush my soul, as guilt washes over me,
To be grateful that this folded flag
will not pass white gloved to me.

The final blast of rifle volleys
I pray to god for her.
for tears and pain will pave the path,
till she's back with him once more.

The still of quiet holds the air
we remember that all was given
I thank the lord for the time and knowledge,
of knowing who the world has lost.

1 comment:

  1. Chills, Cat. That gave me chills. It makes me feel as though I am there, hearing the salute for myself. The strength of the description of your emotional and physcial reaction to this scene makes me wish that I knew him and his wife (I'm assuming) as well.

    ReplyDelete